T: (845) 876-3024
F: (845) 876-5622
John Marvin has extensive experience in a number of practice areas, including real estate, banking and secured transactions, commercial litigation, estate litigation, business transactions and zoning and land use matters. He has over 25 years of experience, originally honing his skills at large international firms. John brought his skills to Rhinebeck in 1992 and has built a loyal client following that ranges from large banking institutions to local mom and pop businesses. For every client and for every matter, John applies his standard rules of practice: Understand the client’s needs and goals; communicate effectively with the client from start to finish; pay attention to detail and deliver value. John considers these principles universal to every legal matter he undertakes.
John is admitted to practice in the State of New York, State of Connecticut, and the United States l District Courts for the Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York and District of Connecticut.
- New York State Bar Association
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- 1987 – J.D. St. John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, NY
- 1982 – B.A. Fordham University, Bronx, NY
- Trustee – Northern Dutchess Hospital (1997 – 2012)
- President – Board of Trustees Northern Dutchess Hospital (2005 – 2007)
- Trustee – Starr Library (1994 – 2001)
- President – Board of Trustees Starr Library (1999 – 2001)
- Coach – Rhinebeck Soccer Club, youth travel team
- Coach – Church of the Good Shepherd, CYO travel basketball team
John resides in Rhinebeck with his wife Ani. They have four children.